- Accessible parking is available in all garages and parking spaces in surface lots during Admitted Student Day. Spaces are available to guests with a disabled plate or parking placard.
- Refer to the Campus Disabled Parking Map to locate accessible parking, marked with red and green dots, close to the event. Venue building numbers are included below to assist in locating a venue on the map. The Admitted Student Day Kick-Off will take place in McKale Memorial Center.
- You may also drop off members of your party at the venue before parking, if more convenient.
McKale Center (Building 96 on Campus Disabled Parking Map)
- Accessible parking is located in Cherry Avenue Garage.
- A drop off area is also available in the parking lot east of McKale on Enke. It is just a short walk from the drop off area to the south entrance next to the Ticket Office.
- There are two suggested accessible entrances into McKale.
- The entrance on the south side of McKale to the right of the Ticket Office goes directly to accessible seating options along the middle concourse.
- The entrance on the south side of McKale to the left of the Ticket Office leads to the elevator that will take you to the top concourse.
- You may also use the 2nd floor walkway between the parking garage and McKale. This takes you to accessible seating options along the top concourse. You may also reach the middle concourse accessible seating by taking the south elevator down one level.
All venues have accessible seating areas for disabled guests and one companion. Seating will be provided nearby for other members of your group as space allows.
Sign Language Interpreters
To ensure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter or CART, please make an online request here. You may also contact Catherine Mazzola at email@example.com or via phone at (520) 626-4471 to arrange for a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
If a family member or other guests would like to rent a wheelchair while in Tucson, please contact one of the following local vendors:
- Tucson Safety & Medical Supply: (520) 628-7267
- American Mobility in Tucson: (520) 628-7480
- Metro Med of Tucson: (520) 323-9500
FAMILY RESOURCE MAP
UA Life & Work Connections – a unit of Human Resources - offers the Family Resource Map to assist individuals with finding spaces that make visiting campus with young children or older adults a more enjoyable experience.
This map identifies diaper-changing stations in men’s and women’s restrooms, along with family restrooms, lactation spaces, and available high chairs. Map information may be subject to change, and building availability.
Visit the Family Resource Map here.